Corporations Law is a significant component of the legislative system and governs a wide range of issues, from the formation and operation of a company through to the fiduciary obligations of its directors.
Given the penalties that can be imposed for breaches of the Corporations Act, sound legal and commercial advice is essential for all businesses. At Coleman Greig we have a team of expert business lawyers who can ensure your business is fully compliant with the relevant legislation and act on your behalf in the event of a dispute. We work with you to identity potential issues and to minimise the risk to your business, your shareholders and your directors.
The Coleman Greig team has substantial experience working with a range of companies, from small to medium enterprises through to subsidiaries of multinationals, and the business acumen required to identify strategies that balance legal requirements with stakeholder expectations.
We can help you with:
- Set-up of new companies
- Compliance with Corporations Law and Constitution
- Compliance training
- Issuing, transfer, buy-back and cancelling of shares
- Shareholder Agreements
- Shareholder disputes
- Minority Shareholder claims
- Change of company name
- Review and update of Constitution
- Subsidiary director’s issues
- Asset protection for directors
- Company security interests
- Provision of company secretarial services including acting as registered office.
Coleman Greig are available to service your needs no matter where you are located in NSW. Our network of offices are supported by the latest digital technology, enabling us to work with you in a way that suits you best.