Caroline Hutchinson is a Principal Director and Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation, who leads Coleman Greig’s Commercial Litigation Team.
Caroline has extensive experience in litigation, and she and her dynamic team deal with a wide variety of issues for their clients.
These include contractual disputes, intellectual property proceedings, misleading and deceptive conduct as well as insolvency matters.
She brings to the benefit of her clients a pragmatic perspective and has advised on large-scale commercial projects, complex contractual disputes and litigation. Caroline has worked with national clients in various sectors including Australian subsidiaries of multinationals.
Utilising her 30 years of experience, Caroline is well-placed to assist in mitigating the risks involving the effects of litigation on a company’s corporate profile with her keen grasp of commercial realities and comprehensive understanding of the differing legislative requirements across the various Australian states.
She is highly knowledgeable and has expert skills, in alternative dispute resolution processes, pursuing the resolution of disputes in the environments of both threatened and ongoing litigation.
People like us
“I am strongly committed to the Community and am very proud to be Ambassador for Coleman Greig’s Women in Business Forum”.
- Caroline Hutchinson
- Advising on local disputes (litigated or threatened litigation) to in-house legal counsel across international borders in the United States, England, Canada and Europe, including the provision of a strategic focus with a commercial lens.
- Acting in complex litigation for international entity involved in Australian dispute concerning allegations of product liability, fitness for purpose and breaches of the Australian Consumer Law.
- Successfully defended clients in appeals to the High Court of Australia.
- Successfully resolved disputes through negotiation in relation to product liability claims.
- Acting for franchisors in disputes with franchisees, including issues of termination, adherence to the Franchise Code and loss of profit claims.
- Achieving successful outcome for manufacturer of construction equipment, which involved allegations of defects, negligence and rectification, including management of multiple pleading disputes, achieving security for costs orders, commencement of Court of Appeal proceedings and mediation.
- Acting for a client on multiple matters involving constructive and equitable trust questions, title and possession.
- Appearance at mediations, informal settlement conferences and Court-annexed settlement, with and without Counsel.
- Presenting to clients and legal practitioners on numerous occasions; representing Law Society of NSW as member of Supreme Court ADR Committee and to Bar Association.
- Providing advice on matters of governance, fiduciary duties and directors’ duties.
- Ambassador for Coleman Greig’s Women in Business Forum, working in partnership with sponsors and the not-for-profit organisations which are supported at the events.
Bachelor of Economics
Bachelor of Laws
Accredited Specialist, Commercial Litigation
Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
Member of the Litigation Law and Practice Committee of the Law Society of NSW
2021 Finalist, Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards - Partner of the Year SME