Patrick Huang is a Special Counsel within Coleman Greig’s Tax and Superannuation team.
Patrick has extensive experience in commercial and corporate, corporate governance, asset protection, tax and business structuring, business succession planning, expatriate taxes and employment taxes.
His wealth of knowledge is an advantage to all his clients. He has advised on employee share schemes, buy-sell agreements, contract review and negotiation, capital raising and merger & acquisition transactions. Where appropriate, he advises with a taxation angle.
For Patrick, no day is the same.
He has worked for a wide array of clients. These include not-for-profits, businesses in the accounting and financial planning sectors, high-net worth clients, family groups and businesses.
Patrick always seeks to simplify the legal process for his clients in a logical and thoughtful manner. He works efficiently and cooperatively with other professionals to ensure his clients’ needs are met.
People like us
“I always endeavour to provide a number of solutions to my clients allowing them to choose the option that best suits their circumstances”
- Patrick Huang
- Helped a small business owner with a favourable settlement of a multi-million dollar tax dispute with the ATO.
- Acted on the sale of a $10m dollar financial planning and mortgage brokerage client book.
- Assisted a life insurance business with negotiating and implementing a $31.2m capital raising transaction involving institutional investors and managing a range of commercial and corporate issues, including regulatory approvals and a re-negotiation of the shareholders’ agreement.
- Assisted a caravan park operator with a $20 million sale of business and property, structured in a manner which takes advantage of the pre-CGT tax concessions.
- Assisted a large family-owned courier business with negotiating and drafting a bespoke equity incentive plans for its incoming chief executive officer and separately for its executive leadership team.
- Advised a start-up business on a business model involving the acquisition of interests in life insurance policies, having considered a range of commercial, Wills and Estates and taxation issues with such arrangements.
- Assisted a pharmaceuticals group with negotiating and implementing a multi-million-dollar acquisition of a controlling shareholding in a complementary pharmaceuticals business.
- Assisted a marina business operator with a $3.5m buy-out his business partner in contentious and potentially hostile circumstances.
- Assisting a range of businesses to advise them on a variety of employee share plans, including deferred share plans, start-up plans, share purchase plans and loan-funded schemes.
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Laws
Masters of Law
Law Society of NSW
There are a number of key elements to consider when establishing a start-up. Commonly, start-ups require three things – a viable business opportunity, lots of money from the outset, and motivated staff. What is not often considered is that the Australian Taxation Office can (and does), lend a hand! At this complimentary tax seminar, Senior…