Maria Yum is a Senior Associate within Coleman Greig’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team.
Maria is highly experienced in a wide range of commercial litigation matters including corporate and personal insolvency, security enforcement, banking and finance disputes, equitable claims, partnership and Corporations Law disputes, as well as property and estate disputes.
She also has specialised experience in litigation and dispute work in the childcare sector.
Maria is a skilled solicitor advocate and has been actively involved in and appeared in cases heard in the NSW Local, District and Supreme Courts and the Federal Court of Australia.
In addition to her impressive ability in the dispute resolution space, Maria also has a wealth of experience in corporate restructuring and turnaround work.
She has had significant involvement in a range of corporate transactions, including complex property and commercial transactions, as well as leasing arrangements for organisations operating within the childcare sector.
People like us
“My firsthand knowledge of the risks and complexities involved in litigation allows me to advise my clients on the benefits of achieving an outcome via alternative dispute resolution”. - Maria Yum
- Acting for and advising insolvency practitioners in external administrations, including receiverships, liquidations and voluntary administrations, and undertaking advisory work or litigation and recovery (voidable and uncommercial transactions) related work.
- Acting for and advising large financial institutions on securities enforcement and complex debt recovery litigation proceedings, possession proceedings and Personal Properties Security Act (PPSA) related work. Winding up proceedings and bankruptcy proceedings against borrowers and guarantors.
- Acting for and advising corporations, shareholders and directors in Corporations Law, shareholders and partnership disputes.
- Acting for property developers, property owners and security holders in various property related disputes.
- Acting for executors of deceased estates in Supreme Court proceedings and providing general estate administration advice to executors.
- Acting for vendors or purchasers of shares and/or assets in a company or units in a trust structure, operating in the childcare sector. Maria undertook this work from the due diligence stage through to finalising and executing the commercial terms of the transaction and finalising the post completion obligations of a party to the transaction.
Bachelor of Laws LLB (Honours)
Bachelor of Business (Management) BBM
Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Graduate Certificate in Insolvency and Restructuring
Law Society of NSW