In Australia, there are a host of protections for consumers regarding product safety and defects.
Product liability affects businesses at every stage of the production and sale process however Australian manufacturers, and the distributors of products manufactured overseas, are particularly vulnerable to legal action. Whilst there are defences for manufacturers who find themselves in Court, it is important to protect your business and minimise the risk of costly litigation and potential damage to reputation.
Presented by Coleman Greig’s Manufacturing team, Rebecca Hegarty, Krishneel Nath and Richelle Massey, this webinar looks at how manufacturers are exposed to the risk of liability and what can be done to avoid being sued.
Featuring practical insights and real-world examples, the webinar will look at:
- What liabilities do I face as a manufacturer?
- As a distributor of goods in Australia, am I still in the firing line?
- What claims can be brought against me for compensation?
- Recent case studies – what can go wrong?
- Practical tips and traps for manufacturers or local distributors – how can you minimise your risk?
If your business manufactures goods in Australia, or imports goods from an overseas business that does not have an Australian office, you cannot afford to miss this practical session on how to protect both your business and your reputation.
Register now to ensure your organisation is made aware of your liability risks and how to manage them – plus earn CLE points!