There are wide range of complexities that can arise in the context of a Family Law settlement for separating couples (and by extension, families and businesses) in an era of more complicated financial and personal circumstances.
As an accountant or financial planner, it is important you are aware of these complexities and risks when a breakdown of a relationship occurs. In this breakfast seminar hosted at our Sydney CBD office, Coleman Greig Principal and Family Law Accredited Specialist, Karina Ralston, and Principal Lawyer and Tax expert, Morris Maroon, will cover a range of topics including:
- Exploring contemporary challenges facing businesses where an owner separates from their spouse;
- The added complexity of Trust disputes in Family Law;
- Tax and duty concessions available for asset transfers to separating couples;
- Tax risks separating couples face; and,
- Application of Division 7A for assets/cash transfers out of family owned companies.
If you are unable to attend in person, you can register here for an online booking where you will receive a link to a live stream of the presentation.
Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.