Commercial Law Workshop – PPSA Essentials
This highly practical and relevant workshop provides you with all the essentials for understanding the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) (PPSA) including getting security, registering and maximising asset recoveries.
Our expert PPSA lawyer John Bennett, will provide tips and strategies for documenting and enforcing securities along with defending them.
What will be covered?
- Why creditors should get security under the PPSA.
- What the PPSA is about.
- What security interests and security agreements are.
- Why you should register.
- How to register.
- Managing your registrations.
- Resisting challenges to securities and registrations.
What are the learning outcomes?
At the end of the seminar, participants can expect:
- to identify what in their business dealings may give rise to a security interest
- to know how to obtain security and register effectively
- to asset recovery opportunities when a debtor does not pay
Who should attend?
Trade creditors, lenders, financiers and anyone involved in business will benefit from attending this workshop. It will provide an overview of the important aspects of the PPSA and what you need to know in secured transactions involving personal property.
Join us for what promises to be a highly practical session.