Workshop – Performance Management and Employee Misconduct
This interactive workshop is designed to ensure managers and HR decision-makers understand their obligations and responsibilities in regard to critical HR tasks. Employment Law experts, Victoria Quayle and Liam Zisis will demonstrate how to minimise potential risk to your business from an employment law perspective, and help to ensure appropriate procedures and protocols are followed.
What will be covered?
- General requirements: The 3 Warnings model and Fair Work Act rules
- Compliance with policies
- Flexibility depending on circumstances
- Identifying serious misconduct and general misconduct
- Record keeping
- Conducting disciplinary meetings
- Different ways to end employment
- Getting the final payments right
- Assessing and managing the risks
What are the learning outcomes?
- An awareness of the points of risk to be avoided or managed
- Confidence in moving through a disciplinary or performance management process
- An understanding of a risk management approach to terminations
- Acknowledge of the options for termination, how to choose the right one, and how to get termination payments right
Who should attend?
HR teams and people managers.