Is my contractor “really” an employee? How do I tell if a person is a contractor or an employee? This is one of the most vexed questions in employment law, but still a very important one, as a lot can hang on the answer:
- Might I owe leave entitlements?
- Have I underpaid relative to award rates?
- What risks do I face around workers compensation, payroll tax, superannuation and PAYG withholding?
- Do I need to pay my contractor GST?
- Am I “sham contracting”?
- Who benefits from contracting anyway?
- Is my form of contract in order?
- Am I managing the contractor the best way possible?
- What if an employee asks to be a contractor?
Employment Law expert, Victoria Quayle, and Tax & Superannuation Principal, Morris Maroon, will take you through the complexities and practicalities of the contracting relationship to address these issues, and some common myths about contracting, to get at the kernel inside “this old chestnut”.
Join us for what promises to be a highly practical session.