If you are in New South Wales and are a party to a contract under which either building and construction work or related goods and/or services are being provided to you, then the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act NSW affects you.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for disputes to arise over payment claims made by both individuals and organisations, and as such, the Security of Payment Act NSW (commonly referred to as SOPA) looks to ensure that anyone either carrying out construction work, or supplying related goods and services under a construction contract receives payment in a timely manner.
If you are making a claim under the Security of Payment Act NSW, the Act gives you rights further to those allowed under the construction contract that you are a party to. The Act aims to assist with cash flow by providing a quick and easy way to deal with claims for payment.
How can Coleman Greig help you?
Coleman Greig Lawyers' team of Building and Construction lawyers are highly experienced with matters relating to the Security of Payment Act NSW, and are able to provide expert, tailored advice and representation to clients - no matter the complexity of the matter at hand. Regardless of whether you are in need ofassistance with making, or contesting a claim under SOPA, Coleman Greig has the expertise needed to give you the highest quality legal representation available.
We can assist you with:
- Drafting effective building contracts;
- Negotiating disputes and payment claims;
- Advice regarding the Building & Construction Industry Security of Payment Act NSW;
- Debt recovery services;
- Representation in court;
- Adjudication applications, adjudication responses;
- Managing the adjudication process;
- Challenging and setting aside adjudication determinations;
- Enforcing payment of adjudication determinations;
- Payment Claims and Payment Schedules; and
- Security of Payment Act NSW Training.
Coleman Greig are available to service your needs no matter where you are located in NSW. Our network of offices are supported by the latest digital technology, enabling us to work with you in a way that suits you best.