Building Dispute and Construction Lawyers in Sydney
Anyone who has been involved in a construction project (either as a client or a builder) will understand the complexity of building contracts, and the number of factors that can influence the satisfactory completion of a job. At Coleman Greig, our experienced construction lawyers understand the issues at stake for our clients.
Whether the project is a house, a residential development, an office building, a factory or another type of commercial premises, legal issues with substantial financial risk for both parties may arise during the course of construction.
By their very nature, building projects give rise to a broad range of legal issues which usually require the expertise of an experienced construction lawyer. From managing disputes over work quality and timeliness, unforeseen circumstances and progress payments during construction, to liability and payment issues at the end of the job, many construction-related disputes become extremely time consuming and costly for all involved.
At Coleman Greig, our highly-experienced building dispute lawyers understand the issues, what is at stake, and how to manage disputed matters - regardless of the complexity of the matter.
The key is to ensure that building contracts are well-prepared before work commences, and that the job complies with all relevant environmental and local government regulations. Sound legal advice and representation from an expert building dispute lawyer can not only clarify legal responsibilities and obligations up-front, it can also reduce the time spent negotiating building disputes or misunderstandings throughout the course of the work.
Coleman Greig's building dispute and construction lawyers can help you with:
- Drafting building contracts and related commercial agreements;
- Advising and representing clients with respect to local government development requirements;
- Identifying environmental requirements and representing clients in Land & Environment Court litigation;
- Building contract disputes and litigation, including multi-party liability litigation;
- Advising, negotiating and drafting construction contracts;
- Contract administration;
- Mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with respect to building disputes and recovery of damages or payments due under contract;
- Managing the security of payments and related issues; and
- Representing builders in licensing proceedings.
Coleman Greig are available to service your needs no matter where you are located in NSW. Our network of offices are supported by the latest digital technology, enabling us to work with you in a way that suits you best.