New Data Breach Regime, Privacy and Confidentiality
The new regime relating to mandatory notification for data breaches comes into effect from 22 February, 2018. Given the extent of sensitive information that accounting firms hold on behalf of their clients, it is essential that your organisation is familiar with the requirements of the new regime, and you are ready to respond quickly should a data breach occur.
Join us at our first Accountants’ Lunch for 2018 where our experienced commercial lawyer Peter Stewart will discuss:
- What is an eligible data breach?
- What does ‘serious harm’ mean?
- When and how must a notification be prepared?
- Why data breach notification is good privacy practice.
- Why breach of confidentiality may not necessarily be a data breach.
- What steps should you take before 22 February, including reviewing your IT contracts and creating an internal response plan.
Don’t miss this opportunity to ensure you are familiar with the requirements of the new data breach regime.